The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-2848 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Downtown and Marwell Fall Events
WHITEHORSE – The City of Whitehorse is developing new plans for the future of Downtown and Marwell. This includes actions for urban design and capital projects, policy development and programs.
This spring, the planning team talked to governments, stakeholders, residents, and the public about their concerns, priorities, and ideas for Downtown and Marwell. This information has been summarized on the project websites.
Based on the feedback to date, the team has put together high-level visions, goals, and actions for how to take Downtown and Marwell into the future and is reaching out to gather input on them. You can participate by:
- Completing the online surveys by September 29
- Leaving comments on social media
- Visiting us at the Farmers Market, we will be there September 7 and 14
- Joining us at the Downtown South BBQ on Tuesday, September 12 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. at the playground at 6th Avenue and Taylor Street.
- Stopping by the Old Town pop-up booth at the bottom of the Black Street Stairs on Tuesday, September 19 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. There will be a walking tour at 6:30 p.m.
In October, governments and stakeholders will meet at a workshop to discuss, explore, and test the top recommended action items. In early 2018, the draft plans will be released for review.
For more information please contact Ben Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 668-8338.