See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2017 Flag Status Updates
- Monday, March 13 - the Union Jack to be flown at City Hall, the Public Safety Building and the Canada Games Centre in recognition of “Commonwealth Day” in Canada.
- Tuesday, January 10 - all flags at half-mast to mark the passing of Former Councillor Florence Roberts, in recognition of her service to the City and the community.
2016 Flag Status Updates
- Tuesday, December 6 - all flags at half-mast to mark the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.
- Friday, November 11 - all flags at half-mast for Remembrance Day.
- Month of October - United Way flag flies at both Fire Halls.
- Sunday, September 25 - flags at half-mast in recognition of Police and Peace Officers National Memorial Day.
- Sunday, September 11 - flags at City Hall and the Public Safety Building flown at half-mast in memory of 9/11. The flags at the City’s fire stations recognize in particular the hundreds of firefighters who gave their lives that day.
- Monday, August 22 - the flag of Lancieux, France raised at City Hall to honour our Sister City relationship
- Monday, August 8 - the flag of Juneau, Alaska flown at the Public Safety Building and at City Hall to honour our Sister City relationship.
- Monday, June 27 - the flag of Ushiku, Japan flown at City Hall in recognition of our Sister City relationship.
- Pride Week - pride flag flown at Fire Halls 1 & 2 until the morning of June 27.
- Thursday, June 23 - all flags at half-mast from sunrise to sunset to mark the National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism.
- Thursday, June 23 - Trans Gender Flag Raising Ceremony, Public Safety Building (Firehall #2) at Noon.
- Monday, June 13 - pride flag at City Hall is at half-mast in response to the Orlando shooting.
- Thursday, April 28 - flags at half-mast from sunrise to sunset in recognition of the Day of Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace.
- Saturday, April 9 - flags at half-mast from sunrise to sunset in recognition of the Canadian National Day of Remembrance of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
- Monday, March 21 - flags at half-mast until March 29 inclusive in recognition of the passing of Dave Muir, Manager of Operations.