See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2017 Flag Status Updates
- Monday, May 22 - the Royal Union Jack flies at City Hall and the Public Safety Building in recognition of Victoria Day.
- Monday, May 15 - the Francophone flag flies at City Hall to celebrate the Francophone community.
- Friday, April 28 - flags at all City facilities flown at half-mast for the National Day of Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace.
- Tuesday, April 18 - flags at all City facilities flown at half-mast due to the passing of former Commissioner Jim Smith.
- Sunday, April 9 - flags at all City facilities flown at half-mast from sunrise to sunset in commemoration of the National Day of Remembrance of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
- Monday, March 13 - the Union Jack to be flown at City Hall, the Public Safety Building and the Canada Games Centre in recognition of “Commonwealth Day” in Canada.
- Tuesday, January 10 - all flags at half-mast to mark the passing of Former Councillor Florence Roberts, in recognition of her service to the City and the community.