The Bylaw Services Department is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy environment for the citizens of Whitehorse. Bylaw Services is located at the Public Safety Building, 305 Range Road, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3E5.
Bylaw Constables are responsible for investigating and enforcing the City bylaws. Some of the common bylaws are:
- Animal Control Bylaw
- All-Terrain Vehicle Bylaw
- Bicycle Bylaw
- Maintenance Bylaw
- Parks and Public Open Space Bylaw
- Snowmobile Bylaw
- Traffic Bylaw
- Vehicle for Hire Bylaw
For a full list of the City's bylaws, click here.
Bylaw Constables are on duty from 8:00 a.m. to midnight during the week and from 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
If an offence is observed please contact the trouble line at 667-2111
To assist with your complaint, please provide as much information as possible. Providing the following information will help an officer in addressing the matter:
- Date & time;
- Location/addresses where violation is taking place;
- Description of offence;
- Detailed description of the offender, vehicle or animal; and
- Your name and phone number (so we may get in contact with you to provide an update or gather more information to help us investigate the matter)