You must fill out this form in one single session, please allow yourself enough time to do so.
To evaluate how much time you will need, please use the downloadable application form to understand what is required of you.
Background – The City of Whitehorse has established a Festival and Special Event Policy which offers grants and in-kind support to community groups and organizations for festivals and special community events.
Purpose – The City of Whitehorse is committed to the development and support of special community events and festival celebrations that provide vibrant and diverse community experiences for residents and visitors.
Eligibility – Whitehorse non-profit registered societies in good standing and community organizations with a not-for-profit mandate hosting an event taking place within the City of Whitehorse.
- Capital costs or wages
- Retroactive funding of events that have already taken place
- Events that are billed as fundraising events where fundraising is the intent (events offering the opportunity to purchase food, t-shirts or souvenirs are not considered fundraising events)
- City facility park fees
- Festivals or events that seek to attract only a special interest audience
- Festivals or events that are organized or promoted as a for-profit commercial venture
- Festivals or events that are organized by an individual or private enterprise
The deadline for Festival and Special Event Grant applications for ALL events scheduled between January and December shall be prior to 4:30 pm on August 31.
- Late applications will not be accepted, no exceptions.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- Applications must be single sided.
Mailing Address: 2121 – 2nd Avenue Y1A 1C2
In-Person Location: 4061 – 4th Avenue (Sport Yukon Building)