WHITEHORSE 2020 ARCTIC WINTER GAMES HOST SOCIETY
This position is responsible for the overall planning, organization, coordination, control and staging of the Arctic Winter Games (AWG) to be hosted in Whitehorse, Yukon in March 2020. The General Manager is the senior appointed officer of the Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games Host Society and reports to the President of the Host Society. The manager is responsible for all 2020 AWG operations and employees in accordance with the objectives, policies, and plans as approved by the Management Committee of the Host Society.
Primary areas of responsibility include management of all staff, development and management of a complete operations and capital budget for the Games, successful planning, organizing and staging of the Games, negotiation of a variety of contracts, preparation of strategies and plans for each functional area of the Host Society and monitoring of results, development and implementation of a sponsorship strategy and support programs for the Games to ensure the Society meets its financial requirements. The successful candidate will work with the Host Society to establish a plan to recruit and train 3000+ volunteers for the Games, develop partnerships in the community that are required to host a successful Games and establish an overall marketing and communication plan for the Games.
- A University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field (i.e. event/project management, recreation, sport administration/management, or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years in sport management, multi-sport event experience, event management, work in an not for profit and government environment, marketing/sponsorship experience
- Experience in a multi-level, fast paced project based environment supervising and motivating staff and volunteers with emphasis on timelines and delivery is an asset
- Experience working with an Event Organizing Committee where there is a strong partnership and cooperative effort between staff and volunteers
- Financial Management experience in the not for profit, business or government environment
- Innovation, Collaboration, and personal suitability to engage and work with people, organizations and communities is key
Please email resumes, and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the email address for detailed position description requests and inquiries.
Posting closes on November 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm