INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANADA DAY PARADE PARTICIPANTS
- The person in charge of the entry MUST sign the Application form and waiver.
- Fill out the form below and be sure to enter your email address at the bottom if you'd like to keep a copy before you submit it. If you have any problems submitting the online form please contact the Legion for other options. Call 667-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The parade will start at 11 AM SHARP, please be there on time.
- The parade forms up on Main St. between 4th & 6th Ave and along 6th Ave.
Floats and vehicles ARE REQUIRED to approach on 6th Ave from the north.
- Form up to commence at 10 AM. Parade Marshals will be on site to direct entries to their respective positions.
- The Parade Route follows Main St then LEFT on 2nd Ave, RIGHT on Ogilvie.
Once parade turns on to Ogilvie, watch Parade Marshals for directions.
a. Select Marching contingents and VIPs will be directed to follow the route to the Main Stage.
b. All Floats and other vehicle participants will turn right on to Front St and continue to Keish St to unload. Floats / Vehicles will not be permitted to park in this area. UNLOADING ZONE ONLY.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE TRAFFIC GUIDES.
- BE SAFETY CONCIOUS AT ALL TIMES. Keep the speed at a walking level and keep up with the parade. Bicycle, motorcycles and ATV riders MUST wear a proper helmet.
- DO NOT THROW GOODIES TO THE KIDS. The danger is that kids will run into the traffic to get the goodies and get run over. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE, so please hand the goodies out.
- Walking entries must walk fast enough so as not to cause a disruption or a large gap in the parade flow. Be considerate to other participants.
- Animal entries must have a way to clean up IMMEDIATELY when animals defecate.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
There will not be any judging as we are participating to have fun.