Race Entry Fee: $25 per child
Registration begins: Tuesday, March 7 at 4:30 pm
Registrations will NOT be accepted after the deadline
Due to the organizational requirements for this event, no refunds are possible.
Two easy ways to register:
- Register online by visiting Active Living Online and complete the waiver attached to the race package or complete it online.
- Visit the Canada Games Centre Reception Desk to complete registration in person.
To guarantee t-shirt size, please have your registration completed by Monday, May 1.
|Shirt Sizes*||Youth Size Chart|
|Extra Small (XS)||2 - 4|
|Small (S)||6 - 8|
|Medium (M)||10 - 12|
|Large (L)||14 - 16|
|Extra Large (XL)||18 - 20|
* Please note: sizes do tend to fit smaller
Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting
New! 2017 is a Swim-Run-Bike Race
5 year olds
Children in this category must turn five by July 31st, 2017 in order to participate.
NEW - each participant must have one parent/guardian accompanying them throughout the race, with all necessary equipment for themselves, including swim attire (this includes being in the water within arm’s reach for the swim portion).
Optional: Your child can bring their bike (including push bike, bike with training wheels, scooter or a trike) to complete the optional bike section of the course.
6-14 year olds
Participants must be the correct age by the race date, June 11th, 2017. Athletes 6 years of age and older do not require parental assistance during the race. Volunteers provide the necessary support.
Optional Kids' Tri Pre-Race Training
Gear up and get ready with the crew that's going to help you know what to do for your kid's triathlon debut! Start with some safety 101 to help you be prepared for every bump, splash and leap. Test the waters in the pool for a streamlined start to your race. Next we’ll guide you to the trails for the running stretch and then off to the bike racks to learn how to make a smooth transition. So come ready with your goggles, running shoes and helmet to hear the low down for your triathlon show down!
5 year olds:
Date: May 28th from 3:45pm - 4:45pm
Entry Fee: $10.00
6-7 year olds:
Date: May 28th from 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Entry Fee: $10.00
8-10 year olds:
Date: May 28th from 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Entry Fee: $10.00
11-14 year olds:
Date: May 28th from 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Entry Fee: $10.00
The purpose of the following rules is to ensure that participants in the Whitehorse Kids’ Triathlon complete the course safely while having fun. This is a non-competitive event. We feel all children who participate are winners!
Parents cannot assist children during the event (with the exception of the 5 year old category).
Volunteers are stationed throughout the course to lend any assistance needed to ensure participant safety and well-being.
It is the parent’s responsibility to see that bikes and helmets are in good working order. Participants must have a well maintained and safe bicycle. Bike inspection is not mandatory, but recommended. Be sure to check your child's helmet before race day. Inspect the helmet for cracks or chips and make sure it fits your child properly. The helmet should feel snug and not slide around with movement. The straps should form a V-shape around each ear and the chin strap must fasten securely. Helmets that are not fitted properly are less likely to protect your child from injury. Helmets must be buckled during the bike portion of the event, including in the transition zone. The chin strap must be secured before touching the bike. No helmet = No race
- Each participant must complete the entire prescribed course. Volunteers and signage are available throughout the course to show the way. It is the participant’s responsibility to learn the route and follow the age category signage.
- Pass to the left of riders being overtaken and then return to the right side of the trail. When passing, please call out “on your left” to let the person in front of you know you are there.
- Volunteers count laps for bike riders if more than one lap is required for their age group.
- Drop off transition bag for T1 & T2 at the body marking station at least 10 minutes prior to designated swim time.
- 5 year olds swim in the Leisure Pool within arms’ distance of support person.
- 6-14 year olds swim in lanes in the lap pool.
- Anxious swimmers will be placed as close to lifeguards as possible.
- Please bring your child’s own PFD (life jacket) if your child requires one for the swim portion. Only a limited number and size of flutter board and PFDs (life jackets) are available for use.
- Flippers and other propulsive devices are not allowed.
- No jumping or diving into the water and no running on the pool deck at any time.
- Any stroke is allowed; there is no disqualification for style or stopping.
- Children must touch each end of the pool and complete the required distance.
- Volunteers will count laps for swimmers if more than one lap is required.
Swim/Run Transition Area (T1) NEW!
- The swim/run transition area is outside of the pool on the east side of the Canada Games Centre. Participants’ change of clothes for running must be in their transition bag before proceeding to the body marking station.
- Volunteers will assist participants after the swimming event to find their transition bag and direct them to the running trail.
- Participants can pick up their transition bag by showing their bib at the designated table at the Finish Line.
Run/Bike Transition Area (T2) NEW!
- Only participants and volunteers are allowed in the transition area.
- Participant’s bike and helmet must be dropped off in this transition area between 7:45am and 8:45am on June 11th.
- Bicycles must be walked into the transition area.
- Participants will finish the race with their bikes and can take them directly to their vehicles.
Snacks & Refreshments
- Participants will have access to fruit, water and Gatorade at the finish line.
- Food vendors will be on site throughout the day.
Get more Trail information here.