photo: Fritz Mueller
- Turn your frost protection ON! Scroll down for details.
- PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF DISCHARGE
LIVINGSTONE TRAIL SEWAGE TREATMENT FACILITY
WATER LICENSE MN93-001
Discharge of treated wastewater effluent from the Livingstone Trail Long Term Storage Lagoon to Pot Hole Lake started August 1 continuing through December 15, 2017, with an average of 70,000 cubic meters per day.
The wastewater is discharged after treatment, lowering the wastewater levels in the lagoon, and providing room for future inflows into the Livingstone Trail Facility.
The discharge is authorized under the Water License MN93-001.
For questions please contact Geoff Quinsey, Manager Water and Waste Services at 668-8351.
Who We Are
Water and Waste Services is responsible for:
- Water pumping and distribution
- Sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage system
- Curbside compost and waste collection
- Whitehorse Waste Management Facility and Compost Facility
- Warehouse operations
The department operates primarily from the main floor of the Municipal Services Building at 4210 Fourth Avenue.
Monitor your pipesResidents are advised that noisy water pipes or sinking ground could be indications of a service break. Any concerns should be reported to 668-8350.
Frost protection devices should now be turned ON:
Frost protection devices should now be activated. These could include authorized free flowing bleeders, thermostatically controlled bleeders, circulating pumps, electrical impedance heat trace, and aqua flows.
Homeowners with aqua-flow devices are asked not to disconnect or use the device as a bleeder. Disconnection will result in plugging of the filters.
- View the 2016-2017 chart here
- View the 2015-2016 chart here
- View the 2014-2015 chart here
- View the 2013-2014 chart here
- Further historical information is also available here
For more details, please call 668-8350 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.