The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-0515 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
City Presents Highlights from the 2022-2025 Capital Budget
WHITEHORSE – Whitehorse City Council approved the 2022-2025 Capital Expenditure Program, also referred to as the Capital Budget, at last night’s Regular Council meeting.
Some of the budget highlights include:
- New City Hall and renovation of existing building;
- Parking Mobile App;
- Transit Real-time passenger information and electronic payments;
- Hillcrest Reconstruction project;
- Chilkoot Way Active Transportation Improvements;
- Priority bus lane along Lewes Boulevard;
- Whistle Bend town square;
- Improvements to the Whistle Bend pond;
- Mount McIntyre Upgrade;
- Compost Building Ventilation Upgrade;
- Emissions inventory;
- Canada Games Centre Variable Speed Drives and Controls Energy Upgrade; and
- Winze Park Pump Track.
This budget also relies on external funding from its valued territorial and federal partners. Thank you for your continued support of our crucial infrastructure projects.
Read more about the Capital Budget here.
Manager Strategic Communications
City of Whitehorse