2021 Tlingit Street Reconstruction
Tlingit Street is now closed between Galena Road and Caribou Road for construction.
The closure is required to allow the City’s contractor, P.S. Sidhu Trucking Ltd., to continue the street’s reconstruction. The project is expected to be completed by July 31, 2021.
Traffic will be controlled by traffic control persons, signage and/or detours for the duration of the work. Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage.
Access to local businesses remains open.
Should you have any questions or require additional information please call:
- City of Whitehorse Engineering Department at 867-668-8305
- P.S. Sidhu Trucking Ltd. at 867-334-7649
General Advice During Construction Season
- Traffic is to be controlled by traffic control persons and/or detours for the duration of construction projects.
- Graveled surfaces and dusty conditions may be encountered during construction.
- Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage as trucks and equipment are in the area.
- All work is dependent on weather and the work schedule is subject to change.
- Hours of work for most projects is from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Thanks for your patience as we work to improve our City’s infrastructure.
For general information please contact the Engineering Services Department at 668-8305.