A sustainable Whitehorse is a community where healthy people, neighbourhoods, and the environment thrive. Planning and Sustainability Services works to create plans and strategies that set the course for an orderly, efficient, and thriving City. Staff include specialists in land use planning, environmental stewardship, and economic development.
Major components of the department's work include:
- The Official Community Plan
- The Whitehorse Sustainability Plan
- Developing and implementing planning initiatives
- Community Economic Development Strategy (under review)
- Downtown Retail and Entertainment Strategy
- Administration of grants and incentives