Each year, we support your projects that help achieve our Sustainability Plan goals for Whitehorse.
|Download the Application Form.|
|More detail: Environmental Grant Policy.|
Who can apply
- Any Yukon-based registered society, school, or business is eligible to submit an application.
- Up to $25,000 will be awarded to eligible applicants.
- Applications can be submitted for minor grants under $1,000 or major grants of $1,000 or more.
- Submissions close 4:30 YST on October 15 for Major Grants. Applications for Minor Grants may be submitted throughout the year.
- Application: Download the application form from the right side of this page and complete it on a computer using Microsoft Word. Submit completed application(s) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Criteria: For full information about review criteria, read the Environmental Grant Policy.
- Selection: Applications will be reviewed by a panel of interdepartmental judges. Decisions are made within 6 weeks of the application deadline. The recipients will be contacted individually and the grants will be announced publicly.
- The project contributes to the goals of the Whitehorse Sustainability Plan
- The majority of project beneficiaries or participants reside in the City of Whitehorse
- The project will take place within the City of Whitehorse accessible the public; and
- The project does not duplicate programs in the public or private sector.
Before you Start Your Application
- Read the Environmental Grant Policy. It contains important information about eligibility and procedures.
- Read the Whitehorse Sustainability Plan. Your application should demonstrate how your project will contribute to meeting the objectives and goals of this plan.
- Contact us to discuss your application and ideas.
Complete the Application FormOnly electronic applications will be accepted. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Download and save a copy of the Environmental Grant Application (rtf or Word)
- Complete the application and save it with your project title as the file name.
- Email the completed application to email@example.com.
- Supporting documentation (letters of support, confirmation of partner funding, quotations for capital expenses exceeding $500.00, regulation permits and permissions) can be scanned and submitted with the emailed application.
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org