You must fill out this form in one single session, please allow yourself enough time to do so.
Background – The City of Whitehorse has established a Festival and Special Event Policy which offers grants and in-kind support to community groups and organizations for festivals and special community events.
Purpose – The City of Whitehorse is committed to the development and support of special community events and festival celebrations that provide vibrant and diverse community experiences for residents and visitors.
Eligibility – Whitehorse non-profit registered societies in good standing and community organizations with a not-for-profit mandate hosting an event taking place within the City of Whitehorse.
- Capital costs or staff wages
- Fees for City facilities or City parks
- Retroactive funding of events that have already taken place
- Conferences and/or meetings
- Events that are billed as fundraising events where fundraising is the intent (events offering the opportunity to purchase food, t-shirts or souvenirs are not considered fundraising events)
- Festivals or events that seek to attract only a special interest audience
- Festivals or events that are organized or promoted as a for-profit commercial venture
- Festivals or events that are organized by an individual or private enterprise
The annual deadline for Festival and Special Event Grant applications for ALL events scheduled between January to December for the following year is prior to 4:00 p.m. on August 31. Late applications will not be accepted, no exceptions.
Office Location: 4061 – 4th Avenue (Sport Yukon Building)