Shipyards Park is located along the banks of the Yukon River and 2nd Avenue. This park was designed to be enjoyed year-round and offers a large open space for festivals and community events. The entire park or individual areas within the park can be booked during public hours of operation.
Park amenities include:
- Frank Slim Building
- Indoor public washrooms
- Gazebo Firepit
- Covered Stage
- Picnic Gazebo
- Riverfront Firepit
- Skating Loop (also used in Summer)
- Toboggan Hill (also used in Summer)
- Designated Areas: For Businesses looking for exclusive use locations, areas are indicated on the Designated Use Areas Map
Booking hours limited to:
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday to Sunday
Exceptions made for special public events.
Frank Slim Building
The building is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Amenities include public washrooms, free public Wi-Fi and the Fireplace room, which can also be booked outside of operating hours. Please contact the Parks department for booking information.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, capacity is currently limited to 10 people.
Closed for Holidays
Thanksgiving Weekend, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday to Easter Monday (inclusive)
Scent-Free & Smoke-Free Environment
At Shipyards Park, we share the air - view the poster here.