It’s tea time, so put the kettle on!
Our annual Seniors Tea is a beloved event and this year we're providing a takeout tea party for seniors to enjoy. The Takeout Tea Party for Two is a self-contained party for seniors to enjoy and reconnect with their community.
How to sign up
- Click here to register or log-in to your Whitehorse PLAY account.
- Register for one of the following pick up dates:
Registration ends on Sunday, April 24 at 10 p.m. Space is limited to 65 packages per day. If you need help registering please call 867-668-8360.
Packages include light snacks for two people:
- Pinwheels: ham and cheese + cucumber and cream cheese;
- Lemon coconut macaroon;
- Scones with homemade strawberry jam;
- Snack size pepperoni and cheese; and
- Veggies and a small fruit cup.
Additions and substitutions are not available. As per food safe recommendations, please keep refrigerated and consume food within 24 hours of receiving package.
How to pick up
Pick up will be at the Canada Games Centre parking lot, near the Cross Country Ski Stadium. A reminder email be sent a week prior to your selected pick up date.
Celebrating together (optional)
To help us celebrate seniors, participants are encouraged to submit their favourite tea party picture to the City of Whitehorse by email to email@example.com. This photo can be a group photo, or a picture of your favourite tea cup. Photos will be used in a public collage or video.
Terms and conditions
- One party package per person;
- Must be a Whitehorse resident;
- Must be 60 years of age or older;
- No additions or substitutions available;
- Participants who do not show up at the confirmed pick up time will forfeit the right to their package;
- Packages will only be given out to those who are registered. Special permissions are required if you are picking up another package for a person; and
- By registering for a Tea Party for Two, you are giving the City of Whitehorse permission to use submitted imagery across social media, email or our website.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please call 867-336-2427.